ED full form is Enforcement Directorate
ED stands for Enforcement Directorate. It’s a law enforcement agency, which was established in 1956. It’s responsible for enforcement of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA FEMA), and certain viands under the Prevention of Moneybags Laundering Act (PMLA PMLA), 2002. It’s headquartered in New Delhi, India.
ED enforces economic laws and fights economic crime in India. It resolves issues by adjudication and has provision for appeal in both acts and has its own courts for trails and its own appellate tribunals.
The Enforcement Directorate is under the administrative control of Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance. It has 10 Zonal Offices, which are headed by Deputy Directors, and has 11 sub Zonal Offices, which are headed by Assistant Directors.
WORK of ED (Enforcement Directorate)
- To probe the suspected violations of the viands of the FEMA, matching as hawala sales, merchandise proceeds,non-realization of merchandise proceeds, foreign exchange violations, and other violations under FEMA.
- To collect, develop, and propagate intelligence information related to violations of FEMA, 1999.
- Attachment of the substance of defaulters of FEMA which means prohibition of transfer, conversion, disposition or movement of property by an order issued under Chapter III of the Moneybags Laundering Act ( Section 2 (1 1) (d d)).
- To shoulder demeanor matching as quest, arrest, implementation action and review against lawbreaker of PMLA offence
- . To settle cases of violations of the quondam FERA, 1973 and FEMA, 1999 and to decide penalties
- . To arrest a person involved in the act of plutocrat laundering and to perform a person involved in the act of plutocrat laundering
The Directorate of Enforcement was established in the while 1956 with its Headquarters at New Delhi. It’s responsible for enforcement of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA FEMA) and certain vittles under the Prevention of Plutocrat Laundering Act. Work relating to probing and perpetration of cases under the PML has been entrusted to Enforcement Directorate. The Directorate is under the directorial control of Department of Gain for functional purposes; the policy aspects of the FEMA, its legislation and its corrections are within the dimension of the Department of Economic Affairs. Policy issues pertaining to PML Act, notwithstanding, are the responsibility of the Department of Gain. Before FEMA got effective (1 1 June 2000), the Directorate administered regulations under the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1973.
ED full forms
- Executive Director
- Economic Devlopment
- Emergency Department
- Effective Date
- Eating Disorder
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Enterprise Devlopment
- Enumeration District
- Effective Dose
- Early Death
- English Department
- Environmental Damage
- Extremly Disapponting
- Engineering Design
- Efficiency Decoration
- Effective Diameter
- Early Deployment
- Every Day
The difference between the Enforcement Directorate and CBI
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI CBI) investigates the bribery and high- profile incidents of white- collar fraud or fraud that the National or State wants CBI to bringoff. At the same time, the Directorate of Enforcement or ED handles combating Croesus laundering conditioning.
The CBI works underneath the Ministry of Personnel, Civil Complaints, and Pension. The ED is part of the Department of Economy.
The Enforcement Directorate is unfit to initiate a proceeding of its own; It forces consortia ditto as the CBI or state police to report a crime on the grounds about which the Enforcement Directorate submits the Enforcement Case Information Report. And the CBI may file a proceeding by itself or at the demand of the tribunal.